Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mommy's Big Night

After 2 months of practicing 3 times a week it was finally performance time for the stake Christmas play. When I heard the stake was holding auditions for the Christmas program I was excited to be a part of it. I went to the audition, thinking this was just a formality and anyone can be in the program. I thought it was going to be a Choral concert. I finished singing my song for the audition and went to collect my things when one of the 3 "judges" told me they just need to hear me read a few lines. WHAT?? WHy? I can not act and I was mortified with embarrassment that I had to do this. Had I known I probably wouldn't have shown up. Anyway, I hurried out of there after reading the lines and didn't expect to receive a call back. I was surprised when I did receive the call to be in the Christmas Musical. I played an Angel in a few scenes and a wedding party guest at the scene of Mary and Joseph's wedding. The rehearsing really got old but the performances made the whole thing worth it. I LOVED it.




Hannah and Elisabeth went to the Saturday practices and were able to see me in the matinée performance. Hannah loved it too and especially loved doing our stage make up.

I have never worn so much make up, I wanted a before and after picture and I remembered after putting on the foundation. So here is the "before" picture.

And the "after". I'm so glad I was able to be a part of this production.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Jennifer you look so beautiful... I am so behind on your blog, I have so much to read that I will be back to visit and comment. Look slike you and your family have been busy having fun!