Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Finger Christmas

This was a special Christmas for us as Elisabeth had her very first Christmas and we celebrated our first Christmas in our new home. What a wonderful Christmas we had. Dan had to work Christmas day so Santa came to the Finger home on the morning of Christmas Eve. The night before we had our traditional Christmas eve of reading "The Night Before Christmas", talking about Jesus and the nativity , leaving cookies and milk for Santa and opening a gift from Mommy and Daddy (Christmas jammies) and the girls gifts to each other. Elisabeth gave Hannah a new Disney fairy doll to go with her collection and Hannah gave Elisabeth her very first baby doll. This year we also added watching a video that Dan found on youtube. It was one of my favorite Disney cartoons growing up and you can't find it anymore. Hannah woke us up the next morning excited to see what Santa brought. Hannah got a new doll she named "Horseland" and a horse to go with her. She also got an art easel. Elisabeth got a shopping cart walker that is so cute. After playing for a while with their Santa gifts and stocking stuff we opened gifts from Mommy and Daddy. One of the highlights was when Elisabeth opened up tickle me Elmo (she loves Elmo). She laughed when she heard him in the box but as soon as Daddy opened him up and pushed the button she started to cry and wanted nothing to do with him. She has since warmed up to him and really likes him.







Elisabeth had another milestone in addition to her 1st Christmas, she also fed herself for the first time. Before now she never, and I really do mean never, put anything in her mouth. She was a little bit fussy while Dan and I were wrapping some gifts for the Finger family Christmas Eve party and then she was very quiet. Dan called me to the family room where I found this...

Hannah had started eating a chocolate Santa from her stocking and left it on the floor which is where Elisabeth found it. Look at her happy as a lark...

So then we got ready for the Christmas Eve party at Uncle Roland and Aunt Darlene's house. It was a fun party as always. I didn't have my camera with me but Grandma got some pictures of the girls that I'll post once I get some copies.

The next day, (actual Christmas Day) the girls and I went to Auntie Lindsey and Uncle Justin's for breakfast. Then we went home and got the house ready for Christmas Dinner. Another first for us, I've never hosted or cooked Christmas dinner before. It was small and quiet with Nana and Papa, Mommy and Daddy and the girls. The ham was so yummy and I was happy to see my Grandma Dot's jell-0 salad that Nana made.




Then we exchanged gifts with Nana and Papa.



Elsie was so so mad. LOL but she looked so cute.

My favorite gift from my Mom and Dad, a framed picture of my Grandmas.

Nana made Hannah and Elisabeth dolls and scarves and hats. They are adorable.


And a perfect end of the night watching Mickey's Christmas Carol with her new dolls.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I'm laughing about that picture of you and the grandma pictures, because of MY reaction when I opened it. I think I felt all put on the spot like everyone wanted me to cry, so I shouted "YA!" instead. LOL!

Fun Christmas you had. I enjoyed seeing all these pictures. So funny that Elsie got into that chocolate. And I love the picture of Hannah and all her loot. Ha ha! Christmas is the best!

lindseyflood said...

I'm exhausted just reading about all the events!