I am terrible at journaling. It seems as though I've heard a lot lately about the importance of journaling. There are so many times that Hannah does something or says something that was journal worthy but I don't write it down and then I forget all about it. So, I've decided to try to write some things down everyday. I also am going to share some of my journaling stories on my blog since I intend to get the blog made into a book.
My sister Deann had a quote on her blog which she has since removed, so I do not know the author or the exact wording, but it went something like this, I wake in the morning and always the very first thing, I lift up my head and I sing and I sing and I sing. This would accurately describe me as a child. I was ALWAYS singing. My brother and sisters will tell you that I sang to the point of annoyance, they would beg me to stop. I think mostly because I would get a song in my head and would sing the same line OVER and OVER, I sang it to death. By the way, I still tend to do that and while I rarely ever hear him complain about my singing, sometimes Dan will say, "ok enough with that song!", or "can you sing more than just that line?".
Hannah has inherited this same love of singing as me. And it makes me laugh to see her do this very same thing. The week of Easter we must have watched the movie Enchanted at least a dozen times. Hannah's favorite song is That's how you know. (I'm not sure if that's the correct title but its in the song a LOT.) And ofcourse the only line she knows is That's how you know. At my parent's house for Easter she was singing this over and over and would get louder and louder as she sang the words. That's how you know, THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW, THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW! My Brother was laughing saying, "oh no its another Jennifer." After listening to her for literally a couple of hours everyone said that I should atleast teach her the rest of the song. So now she finishes the line with he's your love. I've found that in addition to her beautiful singing talent she also has the ability to song write. She now changes the last lyrics to fit what it is she is thinking or doing at the time she is singing it. For example, last night we were out getting frozen yogurt and Hannah had to use the restroom so I took her into the public restroom at the restraunt next door. She started singing her song, That's how you know, THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW.....you go pee pee. She has also added other words such as that's how you know he's your daddy, and that's how you know how to go to big toilet. She definetly has a love of music as I do and I am glad for that.
3 comments:
Thats a great story.
Gavin is starting to talk more and tonight at dinner we hear. "Move on back, move on back." from the wheels on the bus song. It took me while to figure out what it was from because I never taught him that. They learned it in nursery.
She IS your daughter! That is SO funny that she adds lyrics. I hope you have a lot of video of her singing!
Jack favorite from Enchanted is True Love's Kiss. He calls it the "I've been dreaming" song.
My son, Jackson, isn't much for the Enchanted song but he does love Fergie's "Clumsy" song. He likes to sing, "The girl can't help it, the girl can't help it."
It's cute but kind of disturbing too.
Post a Comment