We were at Albertson's doing our weekly shopping and were checking out when Dan noticed a flyer posted that said "Heat and serve Holiday dinners serve 6-8" There were four dinner packages to choose from and they all had their prices of $89, $69, $59 and $39 crossed out with a lower prices next to it. The $39 meal was now only $10 and the $59 meal was now only $15. (I don't remember the prices of the others.) Dan and I exchanged glances being intrested but wanting the other to ask about it. So, Dan inquired and the checker said, " oh some genius ordered too many and now we have to try to get rid of them." But no one seemed to know anything about how to get them for us. We waited about 5 minutes while the different employees asked around and we were about to forget it and leave when the assistant manager came out holding this big box for us. It was the $15 dollar box and we were laughing at how much food we got for that price! The frozen but fully cooked and ready to heat box included:
1 Whole Turkey
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Green Bean Casserole
Stuffing
Zesty Cranberry sauce (not canned)
1 dozen dinner rolls
1 Family size Pumpkin pie
This is going to feed us for a couple nights and give Dan some lunch for work! What a deal!


7 comments:
That is so funny! I was at the store the other day and I saw two cornish hens for $3.00, so I bought them and we had a "thanksgiving" type meal too. But I think you got the better bargain!
So, what time is dinner?
WE were there all day (9-8). Spencer's mom paid for the whole family to go. Then we just up graded our tickets.
Yeah, It was a long day. And I do love the baby center. I was telling my whole family about it. Nemo was a long line Im dying to go on it. We will have to meet up sometime.
That was SO funny. I laughed so hard that you took a picture of Dan bringing the box into the house. Chad would have flicked frost at me too!
So- how did it taste?
There's nothing like the thrill of finding a good bargain!
I just noticed the picture of Elsie in the sidebar. SO sweet! She's adorable. I'll see her soon! Can't wait.
it was actually really good! The turkey was a little dry but with the gravy it was fine. I was surprised how good the stuffing and green beans were!
Lucky! What Albertson's do you go to? J/K That actually sounds really good right now!
Post a Comment