Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Hannah does it again...
Every Christmas eve we have the Finger family Christmas party. This is where Dan's entire family, cousins and all, get together for Christmas. The highlight of the night is the gift exchange. They do the game where everyone brings a wrapped gift and you draw numbers and take turns opening and the gift can be stolen 2 times...yada, yada, yada, I'm sure you all know the game. It seems to be the goal of my husband and a few of his cousins to put in the most.. um shall I just say memorable gift. The most outrageous the gift the better and if it makes it to next year's party you know you did good! To give you an idea, 2 years ago Dan put in a gift that contained a very, very, very extra LARGE pair of silky red panties, 2 plastic champagne glasses, a bottle of sparkling cider, and a candle that smelled of leather, yes that is right I said LEATHER. All of which we found at the dollar store. The funny part was that his Aunt was the one to open it. Last year it made its way back into the exchange and Dan was pretty proud of the fact that his gift was re gift worthy. Last year we left with a framed picture of his cousin posing in a leopard outfit, which he then signed as if he were a stripper or something. They wrapped it with a big thing of Elk Jerky (very yummy) to make it more appealing so the gift would be stolen. Dan was able to strategize a plan to get the gift and is busy making plans for its arrival next year. Anyhow, needless to say that as we are out and about throughout the year we keep our eyes open for gifts for the gift exchange. The other day as we were scoping out the dollar section of Target Dan came across a grow toy called "Grow a Boyfriend". He immediately said "GIFT EXCHANGE!" and purchased it. It is a tiny "Mr. Right" that grows 600% its size when placed in water. It's pretty funny. Well, it has been laying around the house for a couple of days (since we are in the process of packing for our move I haven't had a place for it so its been floating around) and Hannah has taken note of it. Every time we leave to go somewhere Hannah HAS to take something with her (our car is proof of this). Yesterday as we were leaving she stopped at the door and said, "oh wait" turned and picked up the grow a boyfriend and said, "I had to get Daddy's Boyfriend". It was HILARIOUS! Dan and I had a pretty good laugh on the way to the car, thank you Hannah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ha ha ha! How funny! That was a fun story to read. Those White Elephants are the best! I want to have one this Christmas for sure!
Chad had a friend take an 8x10 framed portrait to one of those once. I think that is a really funny one too!
Thats funny!
Hey we are going to D-land tomorrow afternoon/evening. But I think Dan works tomorrow, right? Let me know.
Love what kids say. We were in Chicago at the Field Museum and I took Jackson to the bathroom. As he was in the stall he says, "I have a little pee-pee. Daddy has a BIG pee-pee."
All the women in the bathroom got a good laugh out of it.
Post a Comment