Thursday, February 21, 2008

What I miss about NOT being pregnant

I miss...(and in no particular order)
being 40 lbs. lighter
eating shrimp
sleeping through the night without having to get up 3-4 times to pee (although once the baby is born I know I still won't be sleeping through the night.) :)
being able to run, jump and skip with Hannah
being able to slide down the stairs with Hannah
being able to walk without a wobble
being able to walk fast
being able to bend down and pick something up without difficulty
wearing both of my wedding rings (although when I was pregnant with Hannah I had to take both off at 7 months, this time I am still able to wear my band.)
drinking Barq's root beer
not having to swallow a huge prenatal vitamin everyday
going on rides at disneyland and CA adventure
having no pain in my hip
riding a bike
sleeping on my back

With that said...
I am very excited about the baby's birth on Saturday! We are all looking forward to seeing her and holding her and are really curious to see what or who she looks like. I am a bit nervous about the c-section and being away from Hannah for the weekend. I have not been away from her for more than a few hours and never over night. I'm sure she'll be fine, its me I'm worried about! lol. We have been spending Dan's days off this week preparing the house for the baby's arrival and I just have to say that I have the best husband ever! He has worked so hard this week doing laundry, organizing closets and bedrooms, cleaning, making dinner, shopping for baby stuff...you name it he did it. He is always a huge help to me all the time but this week he really did a lot. So just two days until she is born! We will post pictures as soon as we can. Please keep us in your prayers. Thank you!!!

3 comments:

Dee said...

Wow, that really took me back to those miserable last two weeks of pregnancy. I think I'd rather have pneumonia! No, you're the one who will be holding a sweet little angel in just a few days! There is nothing better than that! Good Luck with everything! I know it's always a little scary and full of anxiety. It's hard to leave your other one(s) at home. It'll all be over soon. I'm so glad Dan has been such a big help. I can't wait to hear all about her when she's born! I wish I was there.

Jennifer said...

I have not slept well at all this entire week, I am really getting nervous and anxious. I hope you get over your pneumonia soon, are you still quarantined to your room?

Dee said...

Oh no, I have been up and about all day yesterday and today. I am feeling almost back to normal already!