Friday, February 15, 2008
Making Lists
Is anyone else a list maker? Whenever I have something I need done the first thing I do is pull out my paper and pen and start making a list. Sometimes I wonder if I were to just forego the list making, then the things needing to be done might get done sooner. For example, If I have to clean my house, I make a list of the things needed to be done and in what order. I also like to check off the things as I do them. I think I do it because its fun for me, it makes me feel like I'm an organized person (which I mostly am not), and also it delays the boring part...actually doing the things needing to be done! Well, today I spent a huge amount of time making 4 lists. I even typed out 3 of them! The first was a list of essentials I will need for when the baby is born. I then took my list into Hannah's room (where the baby's dresser is) and I checked everything off that I already have. Then I typed up 3 more lists..."To do list before the baby comes", "Things we need to purchase before the baby comes", and "Hospital bag packing list". There were a million other things I could have done around the house today other than making these lists, but I could not resist! Anyway, I decided enough was enough when Hannah came into my room where I was sitting at the computer and said with urgency and a little bit of whining in her voice, "Mommy, will you play with me??!" I felt so bad and spent the next few hours singing with her, playing in her room, eating lunch, and then I painted her nails. So, while sometimes being organized and making lists is a good thing, most of the time for me its a distraction from what I really should be doing. I am glad that I have my 3 typed lists though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is funny! I'm a list maker too. The only purpose it usually serves is to let me avoid what really needs to be done even longer. Those baby lists are really necessary though. It's so much more fun to make the list than DO the things on the list. Ha ha!
LOL exactly!!!
Post a Comment