Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween Day

Dan and I took the girls to Riley's farm at Oak Glen on Halloween day. We picked apples and went on a Halloween Hay ride. On the hayride we stopped at an actual pumpkin patch and we each got to choose a pumpkin. We soon realized that the pumpkins left on Halloween day were the ones that weren't good enough to sell. It was very hard to find a good, non-smooshed pumpkin, but we had fun looking for some anyway. We ended up with a really good looking Cinderella pumpkin and a so-so jack-o-lantern one. At the end of the hayride they gave us caramel apples and some caramel apple spider cider to take home.

Dan put this Davy Crocket hat on Elisabeth and she thought it was pretty funny.

Picking Golden Delicious Apples. We each took a turn, even Elisabeth. (We got that on video)

And we enjoyed eating the apples just as much as picking them.

I can't remember what she was looking at.

Waiting for the hayride to start. Some of the other kids were wearing costumes, luckily I still had my cat ears in the car from the Mickey's trick or treat.

Hannah and her Cinderella pumpkin. She was saying, "Hayride".


The only picture we have on the hayride of all 4 of us, we'll photo shop a different head with eyes open of Dan later. :)

Elisabeth looks SO bored

I REALLY enjoyed this caramel apple.

And a nice family picture with all eyes open and everyone but Elisabeth smiling.



4 comments:

Amber said...

How much do you love Oak Glen? I have been this year already but Jess is coming down in a few weeks. So we are going again.

Kimmy said...

What a fun place! Is it close to you house? Hannah was so excited about that Cinderella pumpkin! I love that picture of Hannah on Dan's shoulders up in the apple tree! Very cute pictures!

Case Family said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. I wish I could get Lillian to eat apples. She will eat applesauce but not apples and we have a ton from my moms tree. Oh well, maybe one of these days she will change her mind.

Anonymous said...

How fun.. those apples sure look good. I think the ears were perfect!