Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wild Animal Park

A few months ago we went to San Diego's Wild Animal Park. What a fun day it was! The first thing we did was go on the African Safari. Here are me and the girls waiting for the safari to begin.

Elisabeth enjoying a pear

Hannah posed on the statues all day!


Elisabeth's turn. She was reluctant at first but then thought it was pretty fun!


Dan my Gorilla man


Hannah REALLY wanted to take a picture with this sign!


I have a TON of pictures of animals. We saw some really cool things. It was really neat to see the animals out in the open and running. I always feel bad for the animals at the zoo because they are cooped up in a small space and just sleep all day. These animals were out in the open and in herds. It was awesome. One of the highlights was that we actually heard the male lion roar! We also were up close and personal with a cheetah after one of the stage shows. We were so close we could hear it purring. There was a baby cheetah at the animal nursery which was so adorable. The baby Elephant was so cute too. Its amazing to watch these animals, we could watch the gorillas and orangutans all day long. They are so entertaining.

5 comments:

lindseyflood said...

I can't wait to go here. What a fun day! Elisabeth is getting so big being a little ham for the camera. Is this something that you could do in one day or do you need more than one?

Megan said...

I would love to go there! I feel bad for the animals too! Man your girls are so stinkin' cute!

Erica said...

I want to go there so bad Jennifer! Your girls look so happy in these pictures, it must have been a great day!

Dee said...

Oh yeah, this sounds way better than a zoo. Still, I'm too scared one of the animals will get out! My kids will just have to have a zoo-deprived childhood.

That's funny that Hannah wanted to pose with that sign! And the one of Elsie on the rhino is so cute.

Kimmy said...

Okay this looks like a fun place! The girls looked like they were having so much fun! Dan is bigger than that Gorilla...lol The last picture is so cute of Hannah! Elsie is getting so cute and totally has your smile!