Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Easter at our house

We had a wonderful Easter this year. As our tradition goes, Hannah and Elisabeth set their Easter baskets at the foot of their beds before they went to sleep. And on Easter morning they woke up and knew the Easter bunny had been to our house because there were no baskets on their beds! That silly bunny hid Hannah's basket behind the rocking chair in the living room. Elisabeth's basket was hidden in the coffee table. Daddy's was in the coat closet and Mommy's was behind the trash can! Here is a picture of Hannah on her hunt for her basket!


Wow look at all the stuff the Easter bunny brought! Isn't Elisabeth's hair funny? She had piggies in the day before!


We were thrilled to be able to host Easter dinner at our house this year, especially because we were able to have both of our families together! Here is a picture of the table settings. Didn't it look pretty? I had to borrow something from almost everyone who came just to put it together. Hopefully I'll be able to acquire my own dishes, napkin holders, silverware and pretty table cloths for future holiday gatherings!


These roses are from our garden. I love our rose garden, its doing so well this year and the roses are so fragrant! I really try to "stop and smell the roses" now and then.



Here is a picture of me with my very first Jell-O mold. Its a recipe of my late Grandma Dot. I didn't think it tasted as good as when Grandma Dot made it. I figured out it was because she never put coconut in hers. I'll have to leave it out next time. When Dan took this picture my sister in law jokingly asked if they were going to see the picture on my blog...here it is! hee hee

From left to right: My brother in law Justin, My sister Lindsey, their daughter Laney, My Dad, My Mom, Hannah, Dan, me and Elisabeth

Dan's sister Christi, Bella and Tori

Dan's Mom and Dad and little sister Riane

From left to right: Laney, Bella, Tori, Riane, Hailey, Elisabeth and Hannah

Elisabeth actually looks a lot like me as a baby in this picture!

Its Egg hunt time!





The following pictures capture Hannah discovering an egg:


This is the same egg hunt, Elisabeth got her dress dirty and needed to change.


Daddy and Hannah


Mommy and Elisabeth


We want to thank everyone who came to our house on Easter. We really enjoyed every minute of it!

6 comments:

Megan said...

how fun Jennifer! your tables did look beautiful!! I love those birdie napkin rings...that must be a lindsey donation...unless you have your very own set too!!! LOVE them!

Your family is so gorgeous!! And i love your easter bunny tradition! So fun!!

Jackie said...

Your table looked so pretty Jennifer!! And your mold looked just like mine! LOL!

Erica said...

Your girls look so happy in these pictures Jennifer. Looks like you hosted a great Easter for everyone! I agree, your table looked beautiful! I'm with you on beginning my collection on table cloths, napkin rings and everything else we need to host Holidays!

lindseyflood said...

We had the best time on Easter! Especially the egg hunt =) The tables did look really pretty. I still have to borrow stuff every time I entertain too.

I think Elisabeth looks a lot like your baby pictures too.

Dee said...

Pretty table! And I LOVE that picture of Elsie with the eggs!!! That's a classic. And you made Grandma's jello! :)

Kimmy said...

DANG!!!!!!!!Those are the biggest Easter baskets I've ever seen! lol The girls look so happy! The house looked so pretty too Jennifer! I loved how you decorated it! It's so nice to Host in your own home! Everyone looks so pretty too!