Thursday, March 26, 2009

Five Years Ago

March 27, 2004
This is us FIVE years ago!
Five years ago Dan and I were not just married for time, but were sealed together for eternity. We became husband and wife, Mr. and Mrs. Five years ago I drove with my parents to the Los Angeles temple a little bit nervous, a little scared. When I entered the Temple and saw Dan, all of those feelings left and I was filled with feelings of warmth, love and I felt so calm because I saw my best friend, my sweetheart, the one I chose to be with forever. Five years ago I didn't know that I would love this man even more today. Happy Anniversary to my Mr. Finger! This is what I called Dan five years ago (like how Emma Woodhouse called Mr. Knightley, "My Mister Knightley"). I am so happy that five years ago Dan asked me to be his wife. I love Dan so much and as I look back on the last five years I'm so happy at where we've been and where we are at and look forward to a lifetime and eternity with my Mister Finger. There are many reasons that make my husband absolutely wonderful, and here are FIVE: (in no particular order)
1. He gives me a goodnight kiss every night and a goodbye kiss every time he leaves for work.
2. He'll get up out of a warm, comfy bed to get me water if I'm thirsty.
3. He never forgets my Birthday or our Anniversary and always does something thoughtful.
4. He never complains about my shortcomings, which are many. ( not that he doesn't have any but I do complain!)
5. He doesn't expect me to do "wifely" duties and he shows gratitude that I do.
and one more to grow on:
6. The boy knows how to make me laugh!
Happy Anniversary Dan, I love you!

5 comments:

Nunazuna said...

ahhh! so sweet! Congrats guys! I can't believe how fast time flies. Ben and I will be 6 years next month. We both have great men as our eternal companions. Remeber before we got married how anxious we were to hurry up and find the "one"? I remember many times talking with you about what we needed to do spiritually to find that "Mr. Right". Remeber when we went to the Eternal Families institute class and we were embarrased because we were the only ones that weren't married. So the next week we both showed up with fake engagement rings on so that no one would know?! Ha! We were such dorks! We never thought we'd be married. Now so much time has flown by and I'm grateful that we both waited for our "Mr. Right's" that took us to the temple so that we could have our Eternal Families. Congrats!

Jennifer said...

Melonnie, I seriously do not remember wearing fake wedding rings! really?

Amber said...

Congrats! Time sure flies, huh?

Jackie said...

Congratulations Jennifer and Dan on five happy years and two little cuties!

Erica said...

Happy Anniversary Jennifer and Dan... I love your wedding photo, you look so beautiful.