Elisabeth has spent her very 1st Valentine's Day sick with a cold. Last night she woke up every 45 minutes to an hour, poor thing. I was so tired from the sleepless night that when Hannah woke up I turned on the T.V. for her, put the dogs outside and grumpily walked to get Hannah some milk and then planned to get back in bed for a few more minutes when I found a dozen roses sitting on the kitchen table greeting me. I got teary eyed and went straight to the phone to call Dan at work to thank him for the beautiful flowers while I put them in some water. He never forgets Valentine's Day or our Anniversary or my Birthday and he always does something sweet and thoughtful for me. I'm going to be making a special Valentine's breakfast tomorrow morning and we'll have a little treat for each of the girls. Since Elisabeth is sick we've decided to stay in tonight. But we are going to get take out from Red Robin and we rented a movie so we'll still have fun.
The girls posing with Mommy's flowers
Elisabeth thought it was so funny that she got to sit on top of the table

5 comments:
Good Job Dan! They are pretty Jennifer! happy Valentine's Day!
Sounds perfect! Hope Elsie is feeling better.
So funny, we got those cupcakes too. Did you like them? I didnt like the chocolate cup part. Other than that they were pretty yummy.
I hope Elizabeth feels better soon. My boys just got over being sick. NOT FUN!
Valentine's Day is when we express lots of love and that can always be done at home! What a fun day. I hope Dan liked those cupcakes. They look yummy. I love when Elsie is so excited!
What a wonderful thing to wake up to on a grumpy morning! I love surprises. They are the best. Elisabeth is getting to be quite the ham with the camera!
Post a Comment