Hannah has finally said goodbye to her "dohgoh" (pacifier). We went outside to our roses and sang a song to the dohgoh fairy letting her know we were leaving a dohgoh for her to come and get to take to a little baby that needed one. The next morning Hannah found pixie dust all over the roses and the ground and a tinker bell doll and a pack of gum in the rose bush. Hannah is now addicted to gum so much that we are calling her Violet Beauregarde. Atleast its sugar free and good for her teeth!
see all the pretty pixie dust?
7 comments:
Thats so funny i think its funny that she is addicted to gum now has she even asked about her dohgoh yet .
That was adorable Jennifer. I think I cut Emma's binkie and told her it was broken. Do you think that is why she is a thumb sucking addict? Oh, I feel so bad. I love how you broke the binkie addiction. So sweet!
Jennifer that is the cutest idea ever! How creative! I love her face...she is so excited! I was a terrible mean Mommy Dearest. I took all of kenzie's tee tee's and I cut the nipples off of them and stuck them in a box for her to keep. She was so sad when she really wanted one she went to look for them she kept putting them in her mouth one by one and started crying. She ended up forgetting about them...but it was so sad! I don't know why I didnt' think of fairy dust and tinker bell! Gosh!
Congrats on breaking the habit! I love the fairy concept, very clever. I certainly can support you on no more dohgoh AND gum from a dental perspective. I like the sugar free gum, and if you can, choose gum with xylitol (it is actually GOOD for your teeth). AND just as a matter of dental care, it is best to lose the binkies and thumb sucking at about 3 years of age, 4 at the latest. So, way to go!
Kim and Jackie that was pretty mean to cut their binkies! lol. Actually the day before I did the fairy thing I made her throw her binkie in the trash can outside and she was SCREAMING and HYSTERICAL. I felt so guilty ALL NIGHT LONG. So, the next day I decided to give her the binkie we had hidden in the house for one more day and then we did the fairy thing. She didn't even cry!
Merek,
She has asked for it a couple of times but then she stops and laughs and says, "oh sorry". LOL she's been really really good about it, I'm so proud of her! And yes when I say she is addicted to gum I really mean ADDICTED. lol
Congrats! Gavin goes to bed with his still. But when I check on him an hour or so later its out of his mouth. He goes to bed so easy. I just hate to take it away. So is she gonna be Tink for Halloween?
Good idea. I still let Gavin go to bed with his. He falls asleep so well that Im afraid to disturb it. At least when I check on him after he has fallen asleep. Its out of his mouth. Im so bad.
Post a Comment