Monday, May 5, 2008

Homeless

We are currently homeless! All of our belongings are sitting inside a 26 ft. long U-Haul truck right now which is parked on Dan's parent's driveway. We are staying with my mom and Dad until we get the keys to the house, which will hopefully be today. It is sort of a weird feeling not to be able to go home. We went to our new ward yesterday and we are so excited. Everyone was so nice and practically jumping and begging to help us in any way they can with the move. We felt so welcomed and loved already! I talked to about 8 women in relief society and found out that two live on my street and that many members of the ward live in a block radius surrounding our street. I was already given a list of babysitters and was even invited to a girl's night out tomorrow night. I think we are going to really love our new ward and be really happy here in Corona. So, I'll keep everyone updated but we hope to be able to empty the u-haul today and start fixing up the house so we can live there this week or next week.

4 comments:

Dee said...

Oh that's so cool that you will know people all over the block! That will make you feel so much more comfortable right? So cool. I am so excited for you guys!

We have girls night in my neighborhood too. You should see if there is a book club and if not, start one up.

Nunazuna said...

Hey, I just looked up some of your websites and Warm Biscuit is awsome! They have the cutest stuff and the exact fabric that I have been looking for, for the past year. Have you been to Tall Mouse? They have the cutest fabric there too. Hope all goes well with the house!

Amber said...

How sad you are homeless. At least you have family around.
I agree with DeeAnn. WE have a really great book club in our ward. Thats nice to have so many people close by. Hope you get in your home soon.

Caroline Haring said...

Hey Jennifer! Where in Corona are you?? What ward are you in? I'm in the Eastvale Ward. I'm in Nursery so I rarely get to talk to very many ladies at church. Hope I didn't miss you. We'll at least be in the same stake. Our house is near Archibald & Limonite. Where's yours?? Good luck getting those keys!
Take Care,
Caroline Haring(Winters)