Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter 2011

This year Easter was, as Elisabeth would say, "AWESOME POSSUM!". Saturday night Elisabeth fell asleep in the car so she didn't put her basket at the end of her bed for the Easter Bunny, which kind of was a good thing since the night before that she couldn't sleep because she was afraid of the Easter Bunny. It was so cute when Hannah woke up Easter morning, I heard her wake up Elisabeth and then I heard Elisabeth in her sleepy voice say, "OH ya! Hannah I forgot the Easter Bunny was coming last night." Then both of them came running in our bedroom excitedly telling us that their baskets were gone. So the search was on, where did that funny Easter bunny hide their baskets this year? Elisabeth thought it was hilarious that he hid hers in the playhouse. He decided to challenge Hannah a little bit this year and put hers behind the couch, she had fun hunting for it! And Jillian's was in her crib (she still sleeps in her cradle in our bedroom, so yes it was hidden.)

After eating candy and looking through their baskets we got ready and drove to Garden Grove to go to church with Grandma and Grandpa. Afterward we went to Nana and Papa's house for dinner and egg hunt. We had so much fun spending Easter with My brother and sisters and their families. We missed Kim and Deann and their families but they will be down for Mother's Day and we look forward to seeing them then.


Elsie and her cute bunny she found in her basket. Hannah got a yellow one and named her flower, naturally Elisabeth named hers flower too.

Hannah finally finding her basket!

Jillian with her basket! Happy first Easter Jillian!

Easter cutie

Our family: Daddy (32 3/4) (hee hee) Mommy (32) Hannah (5), Elisabeth (3), Jillian (5 months) I put mine and Dan's ages just cuz I think the kids might like to know that info in the future. I always wonder how old my mom and dad are when looking through pictures and have to sit and do math, so look girls I saved you the trouble. :)

My Easter sweeties


Isn't the basket idea so cute? Jackie put Jake in it so naturally I had to do it.

2 years ago I made Grandma Dot's Easter Jell-0 mold and it was good but not the same as hers, this year I left out the coconut and it was perfect! I even served it on her platter, which is meant to be a meat platter, I found that out as my Dad was looking for it to put the lamb on.

Nana & Papa had 14 of their 22 grandchildren with them for Easter! Jillian was napping so isn't pictured here.

Jillian and Uncle Greggie! Jillian does not usually like people but she LOVED my brother! And on a side note I frequently see my brother in Jillian when she makes certain faces.

So fun! I LOVE Uncle Greggie!

Nana & Elisabeth...my Mom made sugar cookies and helped each of the grandchildren frost and decorate their own egg cookie.

Our sweet Jilly Bean

waiting for the egg hunt


opening their eggs

Sadie got a stamp in one of her eggs...

Time to EAT!!

We had a wonderful Easter! We are so grateful for Easter to reflect on the atonement and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. We had a family home evening last Monday where we taught the girls the reason for this season. Happy Easter 2011!

3 comments:

lindseyflood said...

you got really good pictures of the day! I saved some for myself =) We had a lot of fun too!

Dee said...

that was fun to see. I love that picture of mom and Elizabeth. And Jillian is so pretty! Can't wait to meet her.

Jess Edling said...

Looks like a fun Easter Sunday! Your girls are so precious Jennifer.