Friday, April 8, 2011

Daddy Daughter Dance


Recently Dan took Hannah to the Daddy/Daughter dance at school. Hannah was so excited especially since she still says she's going to marry Daddy. Well either Daddy or Aiden Kirk from church. She felt so beautiful, and she looked so beautiful too! It was a masquerade ball so we found her a mask at the dollar tree. We had a frog mask for Dan to wear too but couldn't find it at the last minute. Dan texted me a lot while they were there, mostly because I was dying to find out what it was like and to know if they were having a good time. He said they pulled into the parking lot to find limos and hundreds of people! crazy. There was even a guy dressed as the phantom of the opera. Once inside Dan said that Hannah was acting very overwhelmed and shy. This is so out of the ordinary for her so he said he "bit the bullet" and took her on the dance floor and danced! I almost cried when he told me that! It was like something from a disney movie or something. I thought it was so awesome of him to do that for her, especially considering that I couldn't even get him to dance with me at our own wedding! (other than slow dancing). Hannah came home glowing and so happy. When I asked Dan if they danced he said to ask Hannah so I did and she smiled and said YES! And she showed me how he was dancing. I'm so happy he made this night special for her and for stepping out of his own comfort zone to make his little girl happy. Times like these are just one part of the reason I love him.


I took some pictures while Hannah waited for her Daddy to come home. Did I mention he did this after working a 12 hour day? He ran in the house got changed and left. He took her to In-n-out afterward for dinner.




I took this when they got home!


and they even got a professional picture taken at the dance. When Hannah brought it home from school I seriously almost cried it is so dang cute!


.