Tuesday, September 2, 2008

10 1/2 hours of Happy

After being blocked out for the summer we took a day trip to Disneyland. We usually go for a couple of hours tops but we were having so much fun before we knew it we had been there for a total of 10 1/2 hours. *side note: I realize I have the same dress on in the past 3 posts! SO embarrassing but its really comfy and I DON'T wear it everyday its just that I happened to wear it when we were going to be taking pictures. This is Elisabeth's first time riding in the stroller without her car seat. She LOVED it.
In the Brother Bear play area at California Adventure
I like this picture because she has the two fingers in her mouth that I used to suck when I was little. She doesn't suck on them all the time she is a BIG time thumb sucker.
What would a day at Disneyland be without riding the horsies?
We were also celebrating Hannah's birthday (once again) by allowing her to buy something at Disneyland..last year she chose a balloon this year she wanted her face painted.
I have never seen her be still for this long ever.
She was in awe.
And strangely quiet, I wasn't sure if she liked it.
She wouldn't smile for any pictures.

It was a cute design she picked huh?
Elsie and Daddy..Hannah is QUIETLY putting stickers on a crown.
Then she limped away when it was time to leave the princess fantasy fair.
Still not smiling, and with her little foot lifted...we realized she had a HUGE blister. Her sock had fallen down and the shoes just tore her heel all up. Poor thing she was in pain and didn't say anything to us. She is so afraid of band aids...so this is why she was so quiet and not smiling. We felt so bad for her but Daddy fixed the sock and 20 minutes later she wasn't limping and she was normal loud and happy Hannah again.
Tea cup time!


Once the ride started I couldn't believe how fast Dan was going! I turned the camera to video mode and caught a little bit of how fast he was going before slowing down. He was going much faster before I could video, it was really funny!



Elsie loving the back seat of the stroller with more room to kick back.

This is Elisabeth's first time on Flik's ride in a bug's land. She wasn't smiling so much once the ride started.

I got so sunburned, you can start to see it here. We are waiting for the Flik ride to start.

Watching the Electrical parade...the girls were so tired by this point but they loved the parade. After the parade ended we walked to the car through down town disney instead of waiting for the trams and were able to see some of the fireworks. Elisabeth was trying to sleep but everytime a firework went off she'd jump, get a little upset and then go back to sleep just to be startled again in a couple of seconds. lol poor baby. We sure had a fun day!



11 comments:

lindseyflood said...

Oh my gosh! That picture of Elisabeth in the front of the stroller is hilarious! She is smiling so big! I was cracking up!
And the tea cups! Gosh I can't believe Hannah could go so fast!

Jackie said...

I'm jealous! I want to got to Disnyeland. The girls looked so happy! Especially Elizabeth! They are so cute!

Amber said...

Im glad we arent blacked out any more too. We went last week for a few hours. BUt we are planning on spending most the time Friday going.
We have to meet up sometime at Disneyland.
Oh, and my mom is in AZ with Jess and her family.

Dee said...

SO CUTE! Fun to have a real day at Disneyland, you know like all the other people do!? Ha ha. Hannah's birthday never ends! LOL! She's sooo lucky to grow up at Disneyland! Why is she afraid of bandaids? That is sooo funny! Cute pictures! Elsie is sooo cute! And sooo funny about your dress, but I would have never noticed! Ha ha!

Dee said...

OH yeah, and I love the tea cups video!

Kimmy said...

That is so cute of Elsie! I love it! She is so pretty! I love Hannah's face art! So cute! It looks like you had a ball! Cute dress Jennifer you should have bought it in a variety of colors!

Merek said...

you guys looked likle you had so much fun. i wish i could go to disneyland i miss going.

Amber said...

Hey I have been thinking about you. I saw an interview the other night with NKOTB. Are you gonna get their new album?fq

Erica said...

What a FUN LONG Day, after being blocked out for so long, your so excited to be there agian huh! Julia really wanted her face painted the last time we went, I promised her we would next time! Hannah looked so cute!!!

Katie said...

You guys are such a cute little family! I think your girls have the most precious smiles...sorry to hear about Hannah's boo-boo. I can't wait to go to Disneyland again, I haven't been in awhile. (oh, cute dress by the way :)

Anonymous said...

Poor Hannah. She conceals her pain all the time! Even when she gets bitten in the nursery at church! What a perfect day. I just love Disneyland. I really like her makeup too. She's so funny. The teacup video is so funny. Makes me want to be on it.