Monday, September 8, 2008

End of Summer Nights

If there is anything I love about Summer it is the nice nights at Summer's end. I love when it cools down but not enough for sweatshirts, I love when things seem to calm down and it begins to darken a little sooner and there is a sense that Fall will be here soon. On Saturday night we went to Tommy Burger for dinner. It was so yummy but it can NOT be good for you with all the grease in the chili. After we ate, the sun was already setting and almost gone (almost a whole hour early) when we decided to let Hannah play at the park, we thought she'd get 10 minutes of play in. We ended up staying for an hour. The whole playground was all lit up and it was full of kids at 8:30 at night! It was such a beautiful night, nice and cool but still warm enough for Hannah to be running around in shorts and a t-shirt and not be one bit cold. I was pushing Hannah on the swing wishing I had my camera to get pictures of her absolute pure bliss as we had the following conversation.

Hannah
: This is my pavorite park mommy!
Mommy: It is? Why?
Hannah: Because it has Dirt and EVERYTHING!!
and then she tilted her head back and shook her hair in the wind as she got pushed on the swing, and with a smile so huge it squinted her eyes she said, "Wheeeeeeee!!"

* that is not a misspelling on the word favorite, Hannah pronounces her F's as P's. :)


7 comments:

Kimmy said...

how cute jennifer! I can just picture Hannah doing that on the swing! She is the cutest ever! I also love when she wants to talk to me on the phone and the conversation is so interesting even though I don't know what Hannah is telling me...I still love to hear all she has to say!

Jackie said...

I love summer nights! It sounds like you guys had a fun time!

Dee said...

That is the cutest thing ever! "It has dirt and everything!" LOL! Made me laugh so hard. That is so cute!
And YAY fall!

lindseyflood said...

I love her little conversation she had with you... so sweet. I love nights like that. I think we may take laney to the park after dinner, thanks for the idea!

Erica said...

I agree, summer nights are the best and we dont have too many more! This is a cute post Jennifer, I love the conversation you had, Dirt and evrything, that is so adorable!

Jen said...

Too cute! I love the way their minds work :)

Ilene said...

You mean girls like dirt too?

I guess my little girl will fit right in with her brothers.

Cute conversation.