Our third baby girl was born November 17, 2010. She was 6 pounds and 14 ounces and 17 inches. I had a scheduled c-section for 11 am on the 17th. We went to bed the night before all ready to be up and getting ready by 7am to make it to our 9am check-in. at 3ish in the morning I woke up not feeling well. I thought I was just really nervous (which I was) and got up to go to the bathroom and my stomach was really hurting pretty bad, then it stopped and started again a couple minutes later. As I became more awake I realized I was having contractions, and not braxton hicks. Full on, real, strong contractions coming consistently every 4-5 minutes. I woke Dan, and once he saw me have 2 contractions he got all of our bags and the girls in the car and we were off to the hospital. (This was kind of exciting because I have never gone into labor on my own before.) The contractions were getting stronger and still every 4-5 minutes. We took Hannah and Elisabeth to Dan's parents and then got to the hospital to check in. The nurses seemed to be taking their time in getting me all checked in. Dan said he was actually getting mad because they seemed to think I was just trying to get ahead of my scheduled time. As soon as they hooked me up the nurse said, "oh ya you are having strong contractions aren't you?" She left to call my Dr. and came in just a few minutes later with some medicine to stop my contractions. They didn't want them to progress anymore as it was dangerously putting pressure on my uterus which isn't good since I have had 2 prior c-sections. The next thing I know they are prepping me for surgery and I'm freaking out over my spinal block, I had epidurals for my previous 2. And let me tell you, I HATED that spinal! Its almost enough for me to say I don't want anymore children. It was awful. They told me that it sometimes could go up high, and it did. I couldn't feel myself breathing. It was seriously the scariest thing ever. But, I had Dan right next to me holding my hand and that helped. Then there she was, her tiny and I mean tiny little cry and her tiny little face. She was beautiful, and right away I wondered who she looks like, because she looks so different from Hannah and Elisabeth. Then it was off to recovery and it is always nice to have bonding time with just Dan, the baby and myself. Oh and we still hadn't decided on a name at this point. It was between Meghan or Jillian or maybe even Kirsten. But after bonding with her we both felt like she was a Jillian. We decided her middle name would be Joycemarie. We combined our mom's middle names. My mom is Linda Joyce and Dan's mom is Jamie Altamarie.
Welcome to our world miss Jillian Joycemarie ! We love you...here I am after they gave me the meds to stop contractions
Elisabeth's first peek at Jillian, she didn't know what to think and she was scared of all the machines hooked up to mommy.
1 comment:
A late congratulations Jennifer! I cant wait to meet her!
Post a Comment