Our little Hannah Banana Bear is all grown up and off to school! Hannah had her first day of Kindergarten. This day seemed to come a bit too quickly, but we made it through! Hannah was a little social butterfly and did great, which doesn't surprise us, she has always been that way. A few weeks ago she did tell me she was scared and that she wanted to wait until she turned 5 to go to school. But because her school is year round it worked out that she is a 4 year old Kindergartner. I don't think that worry crossed her mind one bit today.
We started the day off with Hannah getting a father's blessing from her Daddy for the first day of school. Then Daddy took some pictures of Hannah in front of the house.
We started the day off with Hannah getting a father's blessing from her Daddy for the first day of school. Then Daddy took some pictures of Hannah in front of the house.
A few weeks ago we went to Kindergarten orientation where Hannah was given her first homework assignment. She was to be creative and decorate a gingerbread girl. Hannah decided to make her a hula girl. She turned out so cute!
After pictures in front of our house, we went to McDonald's, Hannah's pick, for breakfast! Then it was time to go to school!
She was SO SO SO excited! She was meeting new friends, and playing on the playground until Mrs. Garcia rang the bell.
We were able to go inside the classroom and help Hannah find her desk. Although, she knows how to read her name and she found it herself!
Next, Mrs. Garcia asked all the kids to find a seat on the rug. Hannah couldn't get there fast enough! She ran as quickly as she could and found a seat FRONT and CENTER! Mrs. Garcia read "The Kissing Hand" to the kids and parents. Hannah is making this face because this is the book that I bought for her and have been reading to her about going to school. Of course, I started to cry at this point.
8 comments:
Oh Nana's cry too! That was very sweet reading. I remember sending each one of my adored children to school and how hard it is. Kindergarten marks the beginning of letting go and it's necessary but hard. She's such a good girl and will do so well. I love how social Hannah is too. She'll make lots of friends. Good luck Hannah and I can't wait to get that phone call!
Yay! She looks so cute. It's such a relief when everything goes okay. I cried the first time Kaylynn went to story time at the library!
Hannah is going to love school. YOu can tell how excited she is in all the pictures. That is so cool that her teacher read the kissing hand. I love that book! You guys got really great pictures to capture the morning. I can't wait to talk to her about it.
She is so cute! I don't even know her, but I'm crying reading this!! She looks so excited, I'm glad she had an awesome first day!!
Wow, times does fly. She looks so cute!
Since Gavin is a Dec. birthday he wont start until next year. But I wish we were year round.
BTW- Do you know what you are having?
The teacher did a lot of cute things! She's going to LOVE school. It's so hard to let go!!!! And I'll warn you now, it's not easier in 1st, 2nd...I get really sad when school starts each year :( Just ENJOY! You're such a good mom, and make everything a big fun celebration. She feels so loved!!!
Ha ha! I can totally imagine you crying like a baby! Too cute! Can't believe she's already so big!
Such a cute post! I just came across your blog on Wendy's blog. Hannah looks so happy! Keira starts school on the 11th of next month at Vicentia and I can't even believe I'm going to miss it! Too bad the girls aren't at the same school! Love, Jennifer
PS-I heard about the pregnancy! Congrats!
Post a Comment