Thursday, July 2, 2009

Blogger Slacker No More

I have been such a blogger slacker lately its not even funny! There are so many posts I need to do to catch up, better late than never right? But for now I'm just going to write down a few things before I forget.

Hannah has been taking swim lessons this summer and is in her 3rd week. She is doing great! She loves the water. Yesterday she was able to float on her tummy and her back for 5 seconds on her own. YAY for Hannah! Being able to do these floats is a prerequisite for the level 2 class which I'm going to enroll her in for the 3rd session. She loves swim lessons so much that she told us when she gets bigger she wants to be a swim teacher. The other day the girls and I were sitting in the car while Dan went into Wal-mart and Hannah and I had the following conversation:

Hannah: Mommy, when I grow up I'm going to miss you.
Mommy: why?
Hannah: Because, well, when I'm in the water do I have to stay there?
Mommy: Oh, you mean when you are a swim teacher?
Hannah: yeah.
Mommy: No, the swim teachers don't live at the pool. They go home after swim lessons.
Hannah: (with relief in her voice) Oh-h.
Mommy: And when you grow up and get married you can marry a boy who will live right next to Mommy and Daddy and you can come over whenever you want.
Hannah: Thanks, Mom.

I love when Hannah says "Thanks, Mom" cuz she says it so matter of fact with no exclamation in her voice. Its so funny and so cute.


Hannah has also become quite the little crafter this year. She loves to help me when I sew and stamp. She is always painting on her easel or cutting and gluing paper to make cards. By far though her most favorite thing to do is cut paper with her scissors. She loves cutting so much that earlier this year I bought a snowbaby figurine that represents this perfectly. Its a snow baby sitting at a desk with scissors cutting paper hearts and making a card. Its so funny how well it represents her. It wasn't until yesterday that I knew just how much she thinks about and loves cutting paper and making cards. Here is a conversation we had on our way to swim lessons:

Hannah: Mommy, I always dream about the scissor monster all the time.
Mommy: What does the scissor monster look like?
Hannah: Really big, huge scissors with feet all over.
Mommy: What does the scissor monster do? Does he try to get you?
Hannah: No, he just cuts and cuts and cuts paper to make cards.

Elisabeth is walking now! She has been able to for quite some time now but chose to crawl instead. Many times we would be watching her when she didn't know and she would walk. As soon as she knew we were looking though she'd sit down and crawl. She is becoming braver now and is pretty much walking everywhere she wants to go but any chance she gets to hold on to something she will. She is my cautious child. She is becoming quite the clown too! Last night at dinner she had us all in hysterics as she put her grilled cheese sandwich in her mouth and shook her head back and forth. As soon as she saw we thought it was funny she put on a little show for us.

Elisabeth is also talking more now. Her favorite word is apple and when she says it, it means that she either is hungry or thirsty. She also says thank you. If she finds something small that she knows she shouldn't have she hands it to me and says "Thank you!" If you don't respond to her she says it louder and louder too, "thank you, THank YOu!, THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!"
When I cut up her food for dinner she pushes my hand away and says, "THANK YOU!" as if she were saying, ok that's enough!

Elisabeth is really naughty when it comes to sitting in a high chair at restaurants. She constantly stands up and we are constantly telling her to "Sit!". I guess she has heard this word a lot because she walks around saying, "sit, sit, sit" except that she puts a "Sh" sound in front. So, now our 1 year old has a potty mouth too.

Whenever Elisabeth wants something, especially a toy that Hannah is playing with, or the remote in Daddy's hand, she says, "I need that!". It's so funny how well she can say it too. She says it perfectly I-need-that! I love that its not "I want" or "Mine" (which she says if Hannah tries to take something from her.) its "I need that!".

Elisabeth has also been getting more teeth, finally. But she is getting them so randomly. She has her two bottom teeth, a snaggle tooth on top and a top molar. I just saw last night that she is cutting another molar on the bottom. I think she may be singing, All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth this year for Christmas.




4 comments:

Erica said...

Welcome back to blog world Jennifer, I was also a slacker for a while! Your conversations with Hannah are too cute!

lindseyflood said...

That was fun to read. I want to hear snaggle tooth say "I need that!" Funny!

Jen said...

So cute!!! I love the updates, sounds like you and your girls are doing great :) I love blogging and being able to keep in contact this way!!

Megan said...

Your girls are sooo funny! Linds, you crack me up! You just called Elisabeth "snaggle tooth!" hahaha

i loved getting to read about their little personalities!