Thursday, March 20, 2008

We are in Escrow

We are so excited and happy to say that we have purchased a home and are in escrow! It is a 4 bedroom 2 bath single story. It is 1700 square feet with a family room addition which puts it at about 2000 square feet. It sits on a 9,587 square foot lot with a very large pool in the back. We will have so much more room in this home and its in a very nice neighborhood and is within walking distance to the elementary school. It needs a lot of work on the inside; flooring, paint, etc. Here is the front view garage and kitchen. Here is the rest of the front of the house. It has a large front lawn. Dan should have fun mowing it!
The kitchen...isn't the brick wonderful? jk, we will be getting rid of that and restaining the cabinets. We also plan on putting new flooring in.
The Living room. We for sure are changing the pink walls! We plan to eventually cover the brick on the fireplace and build a nice mantel.
This is the family room addition, it leads to the back yard. It will make a nice play room for the girls.
Here is the large and empty pool. I really didn't want a pool but I will just have to live with it. It will be nice when the kids are older but until then I will be nervous about it. We will be putting a security gate up and on the side we will be putting in grass which will be big enough for a play area.











7 comments:

Amber said...

LOL, I just emailed you and asked if you were still house hunting. So, where is it at? Gosh that sounds like a really great new home. Gongrats! I know what you mean about the pool. There is no way I could get a house with a pool. Gavin is just too curious and I would be a nervous wreck.

Dee said...

WOOOOOOOOOW! SO awesome! It's really cute! I LOVE the kitchen...I would totally leave the brick. It's old school and full of character. It would be so cute decorated in an Italian deli kind of way. Go with it! I really think it's cute! I am so excited for you. That area will be great for a play room.

Katie said...

I am so happy for you guys! I am still going to pout for the next month, though. We sure will miss you guys. I will miss seeing Hannah's happy smile and having you to talk to. Best of luck to you and your family.

Nunazuna said...

How exciting Jennifer! I can't wait to own a real home without wheels. Ha! The house is so cute! We also had to do a ton of remodeling on our home but it's so much fun to make it all your own. I'm so excited for you! It's going to be a long 22 days!

Holly said...

Jennifer,

WOW! I heard from Faye and Katie about your families upcoming move just a few days ago! I'm bummed you'll be leaving the ward, but SOOO excited for you and your family about this house! It looks so spacious (and with little ones constantly wanting to roam around, that makes a huge difference!) We hope everthing goes smoothly during the escrow. What a wonderful adventure!

Holly said...

By the way, I love your "Which Austen are you?" (I'll need to do that myself as P&P is my favorite Austen movie!) I also noticed you have StarFall in your favorite links (in addition to the other 3 links which I also love!) Isn't StarFall great for the kiddos? Jackson loves to play on it and it's so great for their learning! Ok, I'm done rambling...for now...

Kimmy said...

this is so exciting for you guys! You have so much room to play with! I love it! The pool is just COOL!