Friday, June 10, 2011

Mother's Day Tea

Hannah's Kindergarten class had a Mother's Day tea. My wonderful hubby stayed home from work so that I could attend. This was such a sweet and tender moment that Hannah and I were able to share. They had their tables all set up for tea and Hannah sat me and served me. And there was a wall with portraits of all the mom's drawn by the kids...


see me?

They put on a little program...

First, Mrs. Garcia read a book...
Then the kids lined up




and recited a poem...

Hannah got to hold up the "M" for "Mother" and said, "M" by herself...


And then the tender moment I was talking about. They sang a song called "Fingerprints" all about mom's not getting upset about fingerprints left on walls because the child will grow up before we know it. I started crying right away and then cried harder when my sweet sweet Hannah began crying. She kept going and finished the song while wiping her tears and we looked at each other through our tears and my heart was so touched. But then my heart was a little broken when she told me later that day that she was crying because she wants to play with me more before she grows up. :(((( I try so hard to play with the girls but its just so hard to juggle all of my responsibilities plus keep the house clean, cook dinners...they truly aren't enough hours in the day.


I love you Hannah Banana Bear! This was such a wonderful day that I will remember forever. Hannah taught me that day that the most important thing is making memories, I wish I could video tape every moment of everyday so I can relive them always..I love my children Hannah, Elisabeth and Jillian and its so bittersweet to watch them grow. I just want to hold them in my arms forever while their small because before I know it they'll be getting married and having children of their own.


This was such a wonderful Mother's Day! I wish I had pictures from actual Mother's Day, which was so wonderful as well. Elisabeth picked out a balloon for me, and Hannah picked out a cute dalmation card. They both filled out questionnaires about me and here are some of my favorite answers:
From Elisabeth:
My mom is 3 years old.
My mom likes to clean up.
my mom's favorite food is cereal.
My mom's birthday is on probably when she is 8.
My mom likes to play with me.
My mom is best at Zumba.
I love my mom because I like her to play with me. and because of mother's tea.

From Hannah:
My mom is 81 years old.
My mom likes to help me.
My mom's favorite food is pancakes.
My mom likes to help me clean my room.
My mom is best at playing with me.
I love my mom because she loves me too.

There is nothing more joyful than being a Mother. I can't tell my kids I love them enough and I can never get enough hugs and kisses...just ask them.

No comments: