Friday, January 9, 2009

Jesus wants Hannah for a Sunbeam


Hannah just had her first day in Primary on Sunday as a Sunbeam. She was so excited that all through sacrament meeting she could not sit still. I was worried that our new 1 o'clock schedule was the reason for her being hyper and worried if she'd be able to sit in primary. She practically ran to the primary room telling me that she could go by herself because she knew where it was. Because I am the 1st counselor in primary I was lucky enough to be there for her first day in primary and I did the sharing time. I was so proud of her sitting with her class and paying attention. She looked so cute and so little compared to the other children in primary, with her feet barely touching the floor. The new sunbeams always look so cute but when its your own child it's way cuter. I got teary eyed seeing her as such a big girl and seeing her watch everything around her in awe. She helped answer a question in my sharing time and took a turn with the memory game. After church I asked how she liked primary and she said, "I liked it but mom next time you don't go in there." I tried to explain to her what a calling was and that it was my calling to be in Primary and she wasn't happy. She told me to tell her teacher how to do the memory game and that her teacher could do it. Hannah is growing up so fast and is very independent. I love that about her. She is not afraid of new situations and she is a social butterfly everywhere she goes. I am so excited to have a calling in primary at this time and hopefully she'll be ok with me being there each week. ;) The other counselor took a picture of each child in primary and this is Hannah's. :) Hannah I'm so proud of you and I love you!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I love the sunbeams! I was cracking up last Sunday at all of our Sunbeams becuase they were so wild! There were two teachers and a few moms sitting with their kids and they were still all over the place!
Congratulations Hannah! You should post the picture of her when you get it!

Amber said...

It is crazy how fast they are growing. I was dyin thinking that Gavin will be in the Primary program this year. Im sure he'll be the kids who yells into the microphone.

Katie said...

That is so sweet, I can't believe how big your baby is now! I just think back to when she was a baby. How quickly time goes by.

Anonymous said...

Happy Primary Days! It's a special time for Hannah. I can't wait to see her give her first talk. And Emma went to It's Eight to be Great! Everyone is growing up!